Potato Leek Soup with Dill
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Large Leeks Thinly sliced and washed (white and light green parts only)
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 3/4 Cup White Wine
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Dill Sprigs for Garnish
- To wash the leeks completely, slice and add them to a bowl of cold water, swirling to dislodge any dirt between the layers.
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add the potatoes, 1/2 cup wine and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and add remaining 1/4 cup wine, heavy cream, dill, salt, and pepper. Heat through and serve, garnishing bowls with fresh dill.
Texas Co-op Power
10 ways for successful onion crop 2021 dixondale crop best irrigation system for onions chili cheese onion rings cooking with onions crop update day length delays in transit Dixondale Farms extended shipping time farm update freezing french onion chicken french onion recipes growing onions growing onions tips and tricks harvesting onions how do i get my onions to grow bigger? how to grow onions from onions how to plant onion sets onion bacon stuffing onion bulbing onion crop status onion diseases onion growing onion growing tips onion harvesting tips onion insect solutions onion pest and disease management onion planting onion plants Onion Plant Size onion recipes onion ring recipes onion rings onion transplants onion watering requirements organic onions planting onion transplants storing onions storm damage onions stuffing thanksgiving transit delays vidalia onions