French Onion Chicken
French Onion Chicken
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 large onion havled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp thyme freshly chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until onions are caramelized and jammy, about 25 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Turn off heat and remove onion mixture. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a large bowl, season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano, then toss with flour. Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden on all sides and mostly cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add beef broth and return caramelized onions to skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through and beef broth reduces slightly, about 10 more minutes.
- Add Gruyère and cover skillet with a lid. Cook until cheese is melty, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with parsley before serving.
10 ways for successful onion crop 2021 dixondale crop best irrigation system for onions chili cheese onion rings cooking with onions crop update day length delays in transit Dixondale Farms extended shipping time farm update freezing french onion chicken french onion recipes growing onions growing onions tips and tricks harvesting onions how do i get my onions to grow bigger? how to grow onions from onions how to plant onion sets onion bacon stuffing onion bulbing onion crop status onion diseases onion growing onion growing tips onion harvesting tips onion insect solutions onion pest and disease management onion planting onion plants Onion Plant Size onion recipes onion ring recipes onion rings onion transplants onion watering requirements organic onions planting onion transplants storing onions storm damage onions stuffing thanksgiving transit delays vidalia onions