Cheesy Onion Biscuits using Green Onions
Cheesy Onion Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder level
- 5 tbsp cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Old Croc Extra Sharp Cheddar grated
- 1 cup cold milk plus 1/4 cup
- 3 green onions chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Sift together flour and baking powder in bowl. Mix in butter with hands to create a breadcrumb-like texture. Do this quickly, so butter doesn't begin to soften.
- Add green onions, half of the Old Croc Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper to the mixture. Stir in 1 cup of cold milk with a fork. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of each biscuit lightly with milk and distribute the rest of the Old Croc Sharp Cheddar cheese on the tops evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden.
- Serve warm with butter.
bbq onions best irrigation system for onions blanching onions for freezing cooking with onions Dixondale Farms farm update gardening with kids growing onions growing onions tips and tricks growing organically harvesting onions how do I get my kids into gardening? how do i get my onions to grow bigger? how to grow onions from onions how to plant onion sets neem oil onion bacon stuffing onion diseases onion growing tips onion harvesting tips onion insect control onion insects onion insect solutions onion maggots onion pest and disease management onion planting Onion Plant Size onion recipes onion rings onions onions cutworms onion slugs onion snails onion thrips onion varmints onion watering requirements organic onions planting onion transplants storing onion plants before planting storing onions stuffing teaching kids to garden thanksgiving transplanting onion plants what is the best way to cook onions?